We understand we operate a valuable service in our community and we take that responsibility very seriously. That is why the health and safety of our children and staff is of the utmost importance to us.
Our Health and Safety Practices
We are closely following guidance from the CDC, as well as state and local officials and health authorities, as we take extreme care to maintain our safe, healthy school environment for children, families, and staff. We have enhanced our already rigorous health protocols, such as:
- Protective Masks: Face coverings are required for any adult entering the building (we provide them to all staff members when working at school with children). Please do your part to care for us, while we care for you.
- Taking Temperatures: We screen everyone (staff, children, parents, visitors, etc.) upon arrival for temperature and evident symptoms.
- Limited Classroom Access: To curb the spread of germs and control group size, we have parents and family members remain in common areas of the center only.
- Wellness Checks: Regular wellness checks are conducted throughout the day. The parents of unwell children are notified immediately, to help stop the spread of illness.
- Enhanced Health Practices: We’ve strengthened our existing cleanliness and hygiene practices (such as more frequent hand washing, and increased cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting of surfaces and items in classrooms).
In general, we require that children and staff stay home from school for 14 days following the last potential exposure, if any member of the household has (or may have) a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. In addition:
- We observe the children’s health throughout the day and respond appropriately as needed if we detect any potential signs of illness.
- If your child does become ill at school, we will call you immediately so they can be picked up as soon as possible. Should that occur, please be sure to pick up your child promptly for their well-being, and to help us limit the spread of illness
The best way to ensure our students have limited exposure to germs is by keeping children at home when they are ill and/or have contagious health conditions. We ask that you please watch your child closely and contact your physician if your child appears to be feeling under the weather. Please remember your child must be kept home if they display any signs of illness.